RUSTIC BRIDAL SHOWER BRUNCH

April 21, 2013 by Savvy Style

bridal-shower-welcome-chalkboard-titleI can’t believe my baby sister is getting hitched in just a few short weeks, y’all!

She’s tying the knot in the cutest little barn up in the north Georgia mountains, so of course it was only fitting to throw her a rustic bridal brunch full of sweet southern charm.

rustic-bridal-shower-entrance

bridal-shower-rustic-decor

Remember my window panes from this post?

I just keep finding ways to use them!

bridal-shower-display

bridal-shower-vintage-window

bridal-shower-cutting-board

Cutting boards filled with advice and love from everyone.

Bridal-shower-date-favor bridal-shower-display-2

bridal-shower-mantle-decor

bridal-shower-chalk-board

bridal-shower-burlap

The awesome LOVE banner was made by my friend Krista!

bridal-shower-food-display

The spread of brunch goodies made by all the lovely hostesses!

bridal-shower-coffee

bridal-shower-beverages bridal-shower-food bridal-shower-fruit-cheese bridal-shower-monkey-bread bridal-shower-muffins bridal-shower-parfait bridal-shower-sausage-balls

And of course, me (left) with the bride (right)..

jamie-jelane

The final countdown is on…here’s to a lifetime of love!

bridal-shower-countdown-sign

jamie

19 thoughts on “RUSTIC BRIDAL SHOWER BRUNCH

1. Brittany says:

Where did you get the little chalkboard food labels? Everything is so cute!

2. candace says:

How did you get the window to stand on the table? The one with the cutting boards? Did you make feet?

• Savvy Style says:

Hi Candace!

I actually just used 2 small metal book stands – I just put one on each end. I then used that burlap you see wrapped around the frame to cover them up and add a little decor to the base. You can find those stands pretty cheap at places like Michael’s Arts & Crafts (a couple of dollars each). Hope that helps!

Jamie

3. Laura says:

Did the permanent marker stay on the cutting board or did you have to “cure” it or clear coat it or something? What was the ring game?

• Savvy Style says:

Hi Laura,
      We didn’t do anything to “treat” the marker on the board because she was planning on displaying them and not using them in the kitchen. However, I bet you could do a clear coat on it – I would just maybe google first to find out what is food-safe.

For the ring game, we had all the ladies put on a ring when they walked in, and if they said the words “bride” or “wedding” and someone else caught them, they lost their ring. The girl at the end of the shower with the most bling on her fingers won a prize. The ladies had a blast layering up their fake diamonds! :)

Hope that helps!

4. Amber says:

Did the permanent marker stay on the cutting board or did you have to “cure” it or clear coat it or something? Thanks for all the amazing ideas!!

• Savvy Style says:

Hi Amber!
      Hope that helps!

5. Katie T. says:

Where did you find the chunks of tree trunks? Candles? Also, does the sharpie stay on the cutting board permanently?

• Savvy Style says:

Hi Katie!

The tree trunks were borrowed from a friend, but I do know you can find some at http://save-on-crafts.com. You can also find the birch candles on their website as well..they have amazing stuff!

The bride was planning on displaying the cutting boards, so we didn’t worry about protecting them since she wouldn’t be washing them, but I bet you could do a clear coat on it – I would just maybe google first to find out what is food-safe.

Thanks!

6. Jennifer says:

Love all this! Did you make or buys the wooden frames? And is that chalk paint & chalk used inside? TIA :)

• Savvy Style says:

Thank you! The wooden frames are actually from Michael’s Arts & Crafts (they’re like $1 or $2 each, tops), and they are stained with regular wood stain.

What you see in the frames is actually “chalk card stock” that you can also find at Michael’s in the scrapbook section (usually the aisle with the massive row of fun colored paper). You can buy it by the sheet and cut it down…so I got about 2-3 frames per sheet.

I used a white chalk pen on those and on all the large chalk boards you see in the images….they tend to write much nicer, and you can erase with just water! The good thing about the chalk board card stock is that its cheap and disposable, but you can totally erase on it if you mess up!

Hope that helps! :)

• Jennifer says:

Thanks so much! It helps but the nearest Michaels to me is over 2 hrs away :( But I’m hopin hobby lobby will have the chalk board paper & pen maybe! It’s only an hour away! Lol

• Savvy Style says:

I bet they do…I use Hobby Lobby a lot as well, and they have a ton of great supplies! Don’t forget to download their iphone app before you go and use their app coupons! But in case they don’t have the paper, I just found this paper HERE on etsy and it looks similar to what I used. They can ship for pretty cheap, it looks like! You can also find the pens on amazon.com.

• Brianna Crisp says:

Hello, just wondering about the large frame with their “timeline,” Did you chalk paint the glass on that? Or is it stock paper as well? Thanks, in advance! Love all the decor, similar to what I’m doing for my party. Very fun to look at all your displays!

7. Liz G says:

Love all your decorations! Where did you find the fake diamond rings?

• Savvy Style says:

Thanks Liz! I got the rings at Michael’s Arts & Crafts – in the Bridal section. They come in packs of 12 for just a couple dollars. They also worked great on the bachelorette cupcakes I made! (post coming soon with pics of those!) :) Hope that helps!

8. Nancy says:

Adorable! I so wish I could have been there.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

My DIY Wedding

Enter your email address to get Savvy Style updates directly in your inbox!

Top Posts & Pages

Sponsors

Daily Boutique Deals

Wedding Paper Divas Sale

topics

copyright

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

©2013 SavvyStyle.net. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used unless expressly permitted in writing by SavvyStyle.net. All content on this blog is created solely for savvystyle.net. I enjoy sharing information and love when others enjoy my finds enough to post the links on their own sites. However, I ask that you please note its origins on your post and link back to my site. Thanks!

For real.
Stealing is so last season, so don't do it, yo.

photo credits

Photo credits are provided for all images originating from other sources and sites. If you are the owner of an image used on this website and would like it to be removed, please let me know and it will be taken down immediately. I always aim to give credit where credit is due!
The Influence Network

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 49 other followers